Form GP SOLO: What is it for?
GPs completing fee-based or ad hoc work
Form GP SOLO covers a variety of fee-based and ad hoc work:
- Salaried GPs employed by a practice, PCT, LHB, or Trust who are working on an individual basis with another NHS pension scheme employing authority.
- GP locums who regularly work for an out of hours provider that is an employing authority.
- GPs who work solely for an out of hours provider and have no other pensionable posts.
- GP fee based ad hoc work such as appraisal work.
- The form GP SOLO must be completed by the GP and the “fringe” NHS employer and sent to the GPs host PCT/LHB on a monthly basis. However, it is acceptable for only one form GP SOLO to Completed Each Year. The Contributions Should Still Be Paid on a Monthly Basis.
- The Form GP SOLO must not be used if a GP Provider elects to “pension“ the fringe NHS Earnings through the Practice account i.e. the income Is pooled.
GP locums working for an out of hours provider
- GP locums working for an out of hours provider that is an employing authority pension their out of hours income in the same way as a salaried GP would; that is by completing form GP SOLO.
- The out of hours provider is responsible for the payment of the employer contributions and for collecting the employee contributions. The earnings must NOT be recorded on forms A and B.
How we can help?
We have a great medical team who are experienced in the completion of GP SOLO and other NHS pension forms.
We can assist and guide you through the relevant regulations and help ensure that your NHS pension record is updated properly. This should ensure you receive your full pension on retirement.
We usually complete this work on a fixed fee basis which is agreed with you in advance.