Helping Consultants with Accounting Services
Our consultant clients are typically high earners with substantial private practice income.
Specialist Medical Accounting for Consultants
As a result, Consultants usually ask us to help them in 2 main areas, Tax Planning and NHS Pensions.
How do I keep my taxes to a minimum?
We keep tax charges to a minimum by advising on how best to structure private practices.
- We consider whether a consultant should trade through a limited company or an LLP.
- We will advise if spouses or other family members should participate in the business.
- We advise on claiming expenses which will reduce tax bills.
- We keep national insurance payments to a minimum.
- We typically carry out bespoke tax planning for each consultant depending upon their individual and financial circumstances.
- As well as being chartered accountants we are also chartered tax advisors.
Help me to understand and deal with my NHS Pension
Consultants face an increasingly complex NHS pension scheme.
- We help clients understand the annual and lifetime allowances.
- We will identify or estimate any pension tax charge and if appropriate help deal with a scheme pays election.
By using our NHS Pension Review Service you will have a team of specialist medical accountants working together with independent financial advisors to a service which we believe is technically superior to that offered by most IFAs.
This will give you peace of mind that you are doing things in the best way possible and avoiding any nasty surprises later.